Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Extra Point When It Matters Most

Shula's 347 Grill
3405 Lenox Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone: 404-848-7345

Queen’s Take:
Shula’s 347 Grill is nestled right in the heart of Buckhead directly across from Lenox Mall. Our experience is one that I would describe as pleasantly surprised. We arrived here by mistake due to another reservation gone bad at our first restaurant choice, but I’m glad we discovered this place. As we walked into the restaurant, we were greeted promptly and told about the three different dining areas; the lounge, outside patio, and the main dining room. We chose to be seated in the lounge area as it was spacious and felt the dining room was a little noisy. The lounge has a modern look and feel. There were hardly any other diners there when we first arrived, so why not have the place all to ourselves and pretend we are kings and queens eating in the private dining room of our mansion!

The menu I must say was just average for a sophisticated grill but the quality and taste of the food was far above my expectations! Everything was seasoned to perfection. We started off with the crispy ravioli and simply put, it was DELICIOUS! Another couple saw our tasty treats and decided to order their own plate.

The waiter in the lounge area seemed to have a lot on his plate between running the bar and waiting tables in the lounge and patio areas. All in all, he did well—no complaints there. I was especially impressed with the manager taking notice of small things. I was wearing my husband’s sports jacket and he asked was I cold and if I wanted him to turn the air down. At this point, we were on our way out the door, but I think it was a kind gesture.

I would recommend this place for a nice dinner out, especially if you would like to visit the Buckhead area. Other restaurants in the area can have higher prices with lower quality, but Shula’s is a good balance. This restaurant can go either way, sophisticated casual or just plain high class! Either way, you won’t be disappointed.
        

King’s Take:
Shula’s 347 grill is more than a restaurant dedicated to coaching legend Don Shula, it’s the perfect date mixture of upscale and business casual dining. Shula’s has 3 different seating choices available to you; You can sit in the dining area, the bar/lounge area, or outside on the patio. No matter where you sit, (We chose the lounge area) you can’t go wrong.  Shula’s has typical options to choose from on the menu but the food is better than I ever expected. The fried ravioli we ate as an appetizer was the best I ever had. Every single bite left me wanting more. I will gladly stop by whenever I’m in the area just for another plate of ravioli. I went traditional with my dinner choice and ordered a burger and fries but this was not your normal restaurant burger.


The meat on my burger melted in my mouth and the fries were perfectly seasoned. I’ve eaten plenty of burgers in my lifetime and I can’t recall a better tasting one. The lounge area was a perfect spot for us to sit back, enjoy each other's company, and let our food digest.  Fellas, if you’re like me and want to catch a couple highlights in between bites, there are televisions surrounding the bar for your viewing pleasure.  I had a great time here and I recommend this place to all couples who desire a relaxing dining experience with top notch food.                            

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get most of my shopping done in Lennox Mall got to remember to try this place when my blood sugar is low. Sounds like a great place.I'll be sure to comment on my experience. thanks

Amanda said...

Yeah, I've been here for after works drinks and it was fun! I guess this place can go both ways.